- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- White text on blue/green background
- Connection port is 0.1″ pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- Built-in character set supports English/Japanese text, see the HD44780 datasheet for the full character set
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or ‘foreign’ language support
LCDs are useful for creating standalone projects. This LCD Display utilizes an I2C interface, which means that fewer pins are necessary to use this product that would be needed with a regular 16×2 LCD Display (just four connections, VCC, GND, SDA & SCL are required). And it is backlit. I2C address is usually decimal 39, hex 0x27. These devices can sometimes be found at decimal 63, 0x3F. It is very easy to find an I2C address on Arduino by using i2c_scanner.